This product is free for DDPG members.
This edition of OTCE is dedicated to supporting and enhancing the role of the RDN in Overcoming Therapeutic Inertia. The following strategies will be discussed:
- Provide the tools, resources, and support to all RDNs and NDTRs to empower them to become competent providers and leaders in diabetes nutrition.
- Work to create and increase confidence in RDNs and NDTRs to assert their knowledge and expertise when working with all people affected by diabetes.
- Develop volunteers to be leaders within the organization and the profession in order to advance RDNs and NDTRs as the nutrition and dietetics experts when treating pre-diabetes, diabetes, and complications associated with diabetes.
- Focus on collaborative partnerships to further the mission and vision of DDPG through community engagement, public policy and legislative initiatives, clinical care, and research.
CPE Level: 2
Performance Indicators: 3.1.3, 4.1.5, 9.6.2
- Describe clinical/therapeutic inertia
- Discuss the three contributors to clinical/therapeutic inertia
- Provide tools to implement strategies and utilize diabetes technology to lead the healthcare team in overcoming therapeutic inertia