This product is free for DNS members.
This webinar was presented live on February 16, 2022.
A webinar discussing important information dietitians should know to help in the transition for patients from acute care to home on parenteral nutrition.
CPE Level: 2
Performance Indicators: 10.3.1, 10.3.3, 2.3.2
- Review the management of the critically ill patient from acute care through discharge home on parenteral nutrition.
- Relate the goals of providing nutrition support in acute care to the goals in home care
- Discuss parenteral formulation issues related to acute care and home care patients
- Discuss key items to be aware of for Medicare patients.
- Identify the role of the nutrition support team, to include physician, dietitian, nurse, pharmacist and social worker and discharge planner in preventing and managing complications in long-term home enteral and parenteral nutrition patients.
Erin Tiffany, RD, LDN, CNSC