This product is free for NEP DPG members.
This webinar was presented live on May 6, 2022.
The webinar is planned for attendees who may be inspired to consider changing their current line of work or to excel in their current positions with expanded training / education. The age of the target audience is projected at 22 years and older. Their career level will include early career, mid-career and late-career. Many career opportunities will be presented.
This webinar is made possible by the Academy's 2021 Member Outreach Grant awarded to the Nutrition Education for the Public DPG.
CPE Level: 1
Performance Indicators: 1.3, 2.1, 2.2
- Outline both traditional and non-traditional pathways to a fulfilling career in nutrition.
- List steps to apply for at least two health professional programs including but not limited to Nursing, Dental, Pharmacy, Physician Assistant, Physician, clinical nutrition research.
- State the role/responsibilities of professionals in two community-based careers including but not limited to Extension Systems, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, Women Infants Children, SNAP.
Speaker and Moderator
- Speaker: Toni Marie Burkhalter Gist, MS
- Moderator: Henna Muzaffar, PhD, RD