Whether learning to choose better options from familiar cuisines or branching out to try new dishes, this guide covers 11 popular ethnic cuisines, including Chinese, Cuban, French, Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Mexican, Moroccan, Peruvian and Thai.
An introductory chapter includes basic nutrition principles for healthy eating with diabetes, including carbohydrate counting, using the plate method, and sizing portions. Practical tips and guidance are offered for each of the 11 cuisines, including:
- information on native foods and flavors
- strategies for healthy eating
- recommended healthy pleasures
- dishes for special occasions (or smaller portions)
- carbohydrate and calorie amounts for popular dishes
Help your clients learn to quickly identify the best choices for their meal plan, whether preparing ethnic foods at home, eating in restaurants, or traveling abroad.
Sample pages include the Table of Contents, Introduction and sample chapter pages.