The updated ASPEN Enteral Nutrition Handbook Second Edition contains the latest recommendations on safe practices, ENFit, and new information on preparation, labeling, and dispensing of EN. It is a step-by-step, practical guide to caring for patients receiving EN therapy.
Doody's Review Service awarded it 5 stars, its highest rating, as an "Exceptional" medical title!
The first edition of the EN handbook was released in Feb 2010. Since then, ASPEN has developed numerous clinical guidelines, such as Safe Practices for Enteral Nutrition Therapy, now incorporated in this book.
Key New Features
- Chapter on preparation, labeling, and dispensing of enteral nutrition
- Separate chapters on adult and pediatric/infant formulas
- Illustrated information on use of ENFit® devices for tube feeding and enteral medication
- Updated guidance on nutrition assessment (characteristics of malnutrition in adults and children)
- Broadened information across the healthcare settings, eg, home care
- Expanded coverage of the use of blenderized tube feedings
- Best-practice tips (eg, patient discharge, patient education) based on ASPEN's clinical guidelines and other resources
Why ASPEN Recommends This Resource
The handbook's best practices format, multidisciplinary perspective, and training expertise offers something for everyone from the novice to the advanced practitioner. The clinician will find everything needed for positive patient outcomes in this user friendly "pocket guide" format, including:
- Step-by-step techniques
- Easy-to-follow clinical information
- Coverage of a wide variety of practical tools
- Advice on saving time while boosting quality of care
- Evidence-based, referenced content
Free sample pages include the table of contents, preface, and list of editors, contributors and reviewers.
Spiralbound (5.5 x 7.5)