Written and reviewed by experienced dietetics leaders from a variety of practice settings, this resource provides comprehensive coverage of topics vital to the development of leadership and management skills. Applicable to students, interns, practitioners and both new and experienced managers, the book's 14 chapters provide theoretical and practical guidance on:
- Foundational and advanced leadership skills
- Leadership and management in clinical nutrition, foodservice, research and public health settings
- Embracing diversity and inclusive leadership in dietetics
- Staff development, strategic planning, budgeting, and regulatory issues
- Working with human resources, informatics, and quality improvement teams, and more!
Stories From the Field are woven throughout the book to illustrate conceptual information with real-life examples. Key principles and moments of sage advice are shared through the lenses of those with substantial experience and will offer new perspectives to inspire both current and potential leaders.
The impact of the pandemic and resulting challenges in delivering food and nutrition services in dramatically changed environments makes the need for effective leaders in nutrition and dietetics even more essential moving into the future.
Free sample pages include the Table of Contents, Preface and Chapter 1.