To read this eBook, you must first download the eatright eReader app.
Editors: Kellene A. Isom, PhD, MS, RD, CAGS, and Melissa C. Majumdar, MS, RD, CSOWM, LDN
This fully updated third edition serves as a snapshot of the most current literature to support the nutrition care of patients before and after undergoing metabolic and bariatric surgery. Evidence-based practices are featured throughout, along with the latest recommendations for working with complex patients, including kidney disease, diabetes, pregnancy, and nutritional deficiencies. Both the RDN new to bariatric surgery practice and the experienced practitioner will find this to be an indispensable reference.
Highlights of updates for this new edition include:
- Descriptions of single anastomosis procedures, and inclusion of the biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch
- Reviews of more liberal diet progression options and nutrition-related enhanced recovery interventions
- Expanded coverage of metabolic and bariatric surgery in adolescents
- A full chapter devoted to endoscopic weight loss therapies: balloons, aspiration therapies, and revisional procedures performed endoscopically
- Easy-to-interpret tables of vitamin and mineral supplementation and biochemical surveillance
- A new appendix covering nutrition counseling and education tools
Free sample pages include the table of contents, preface, sample chapter, index and more.
Are you a dietetics educator who has or is considering adopting Pocket Guide to Bariatric Surgery, 3rd Edition for a course you teach? Request a complimentary review copy of the book.
Licensing and Permissions
Would you like permission to reprint a portion of this copyrighted publication for a book, presentation or course?
Complete and return this form for permissions, licensing and commercial rights.