Editors: Caroline Steele, MS, RD, CSP, IBCLC, FAND and Emily Collins, MHA, RD, CNSC
Fully updated, this edition of the authoritative reference guide on infant and pediatric feedings addresses the most up-to-date information on human milk and formula storage, handling, and preparation techniques.
Five new chapters have been added. Further updates and additions include the following:
- The new edition expands the focus of the book to include both infant and pediatric feeding preparation.
- It includes guidelines for facilities seeking to implement centralized infant and pediatric feeding preparation for the first time or expand scope of operations.
- There is additional information on donor human milk along with guidelines for human milk products.
- The book discusses lacto-engineering techniques and current research.
- There is a chapter on use of blenderized (real food) tube feedings within the hospital setting.
- The edition contains expanded information on modular components and other additives.
This must-have resource for all health care facilities serving pediatric patients provides comprehensive information based on the latest scientific research, public policy, and expert consensus.
CPEU: 7.0 (valid until 10/1/2024)
Sample pages the Table of Contents, Preface, sample chapter, Index and more.
Please note: Academy eBooks require downloading the eatright eReader app. Access to the eBooks is for single-use only. Multiple-user access is not available.
Licensing and Permissions
Would you like permission to reprint a portion of this copyrighted publication for a book, presentation or course? Complete and return this form for permissions, licensing and commercial rights.