Editors: Kelly Green Corkins, MS, RD-AP, CSP, LDN, FAND, and Wendy Wittenbrook, MA, RD, CSP, LD
This fully updated second edition addresses the nutrition care of children with special health care needs, including Down syndrome, autism, cerebral palsy, cystic fibrosis, Prader-Willi syndrome, seizure disorders, and more. Highlights include:
- Guidelines for assessing growth
- Recommendations for nutrition screening, assessment, and intervention
- Practical advice for addressing feeding and eating issues, managing enteral nutrition, and working with community services and programs
- Updated information on pediatric nutrition assessment and malnutrition indicators
- New chapters covering the nutrition focused physical exam and transitioning special health care needs of children to adult care
- Case studies throughout to illustrate application of the Nutrition Care Process and strategies for providing nutrition care
Free sample pages include the table of contents, introduction, sample chapter pages, sample resource pages, glossary and index.
Please note: Academy eBooks require downloading the eatright eReader app. Access to the eBooks is for single-use only. Multiple-user access is not available.
Licensing and Permissions
- Would you like permission to reprint a portion of this copyrighted publication for a book, presentation or course? Complete and return this form for permissions, licensing and commercial rights.