This Certificate of Training is brought to you by the Center for Lifelong Learning in collaboration with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation. Support for this project was funded by a grant from Walmart. The funder was not involved in any content creation, nor did it serve in an advisory capacity for this course. A special thank you to Ellie Wilson, MS, RDN, CDN, developer of this module.
As food retailers capitalize on their capabilities, consumer needs within the ever-changing public health and health care environments, the growth and expansion of health and well-being opportunities in food retail settings will continue to evolve. This first module will focus on health and well-being opportunities in food retail by outlining the consumer and health trends that are shaping retail investments to meet consumer interests, enable disease prevention and management, and align with clinical and population health targets. This module will explore the plethora of opportunities that the RDN has within the food retail sector.
- 1.1.2 Pursues and embraces opportunities to advance practice.
- 11.1.5 Incorporates market research, consumer insights and current evidence-based literature when developing new products and services.
- 3.1.1 Identifies strengths and opportunities for improvement in self and in others.
- Analyze evolving consumer and food retailer trends shaping health and well-being opportunities in food retail.
- Explore expanded roles and responsibilities of RDNs in food retail settings.
- Recognize and apply RDN skills beyond credentials to succeed in the food retail environment.
The Academy's Certificate of Training courses provide in-depth instruction on areas of practice within nutrition and dietetics, with the goal of expanding knowledge, skills and competencies. Each Certificate of Training program consists of individual modules that thoroughly cover specific aspects of a topic area; taken collectively, they provide a comprehensive overview of the topic. Learners must complete all modules to receive the final certificate.
This product is approved for individual use only. Only the registered participant is eligible for continuing professional education units. Immediately following the purchase, you will have access to this product in your personal eatrightCPE.org dashboard.
Immediately following the purchase, you will have access to this product in your personal eatrightCPE dashboard.