Join us in a discussion with USDA's first director of nutrition security and health equity at the Food and Nutrition Service, Dr. Sara Bleich. In this role, Dr. Bleich is charged with ensuring all Americans have consistent access to safe, healthy, and affordable foods essential to optimal health and well-being. Dr. Bleich will describe USDA's actions to support nutrition security and the role of the nutrition and dietetics professional in achieving nutrition security and healthy equity. She will also be answering questions on important trending topics such as the White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health and the infant formula shortage. Don't miss this important conversation with one of our country' leading experts in food and nutrition.
CPE Level: Level 2 (intermediate knowledge/experience)
- 12.1.1 Advocates for and promotes food and nutrition programs and resources to address issues of food insecurity, nutritional health and overall health and wellness.
- 12.1.2 Leads or participates in the development of food and health policies.
- 3.2.1 Advocates for and influences local, federal and global nutrition and health policy to promote health and well-being of individuals, communities and populations.
- Summarize the USDA's actions to achieve nutrition security.
- Describe the role of the nutrition and dietetics professional in achieving nutrition security.
- List current issues impacting nutrition security of the American population and identify government led strategies to improve nutrition security.
- Lyndi Buckingham-Schutt, PhD, RD, LD