A growing body of evidence suggests nutrition and lifestyle modifications play an important role in optimizing IVF to create successful pregnancies. This session provides a thorough understanding of the IVF cycle and take a deep dive into nutrition and lifestyle behaviors that can be recommended before and during the IVF cycle, as well as after a failed IVF cycle, to reduce complications and improve outcomes. Other key topics that will be discussed include egg freezing, mandated insurance coverage, the use of dietary supplements, male fertility and weight bias in fertility treatment. Join a reproductive endocrinologist and registered dietitian nutritionist who have been working to optimize nutrition and lifestyles for individuals' undergoing IVF to create successful pregnancies.
Planned with the Committee for Lifelong Learning
CPE Level: Level 2 (intermediate knowledge/experience)
- 8.2.3 Analyzes new information and how it impacts medical nutrition therapy.
- 10.3.9 Leads the implementation of nutrition interventions in collaboration with clients/patients and the interprofessional team.
- 2.3.4 Identifies opportunities for mutually beneficial partnerships with individuals or organizations with shared visions.
- Summarize how IVF best improves pregnancy outcomes
- Discuss the synergy between nutrition interventions and lifestyle modifications that may positively impact IVF outcomes
- Identify opportunities for RDNs to integrate medical nutrition therapy to optimize fertility