This webinar was presented on May 13, 2020.
This presentation is designed to give RDN practitioners practical steps to increase their proficiency with delivering compelling and impactful presentations. Creation of a high impact presentation starts with envisioning the outcome you want for your audience. The second step is to enlighten your audience by clarifying and supporting your message with visuals, as well-developed visuals can result in nudging an audience into action. Thirdly, engage your audience with an experience so that your message sticks by adapting your presentation to the environment in which you are presenting. Your enthusiasm can ignite your audience to think, feel, and put into practice what they take away from your presentation.
CPE Level: 2
Learning Need Codes: 1130, 1070, 7070
- 1.3.1 Applies strategies that engage the customer in a collaborative approach.
- 2.1.3 Tailors message to meet the needs of the target audience.
- 3.2.2 Participates in professional and personal development activities for career growth and skill enhancement.
- Describe the steps in designing an impactful presentation starting with envisioning the desired audience outcomes, followed by determining an appropriate presentation structure, and finally selecting effective presentation strategies.
- Explain the principles of creating clear messages supported with well-designed visual aids in order to enlighten an audience and resulting in a more powerful and persuasive presentation.
- Determine appropriate approaches to engage audience members throughout a presentation in order to enable them to fully attend, learn, apply, and ultimately retain and put into practice the intended outcomes.
Barbara J. Mayfield, MS, RDN, FAND
Barbara J. Mayfield is a communicator with expertise in business, academia, community programs, professional writing, and speaking. As president of Nutrition Communicator, LLC, Mayfield leads nutrition professionals to communicate with excellence and confidence. She is editor-in-chief for Communicating Nutrition: The Authoritative Guide, to be published by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics April 2020.
Sonja Stetzler, MA, RDN, LDN
Sonja Stetzler is the founder of Effective Connecting, a business that develops clients' communication skills to ensure their success in the workplace. A former healthcare provider, she has worked for the past two decades as a respected communications consultant within the business world.