This webinar was presented live on March 11, 2020.
Media is everywhere! From the big-budget advertisements during major sporting events to the billboard you see driving to work, even a single tweet written on your phone - there are more ways than ever to deliver a marketing message. Capitalizing on communication opportunities can be critical to the success of your brand, as Marisa Moore, MBA, RDN, LD can attest. Marisa packaged her expertise in clinical, the restaurant industry, and wellness to maximize media opportunities and exposure to become an influential, in-demand nutrition consultant and media presence. She's been featured in over 1,000 interviews in national TV, print, and radio outlets. In a conversation with culinary and nutrition expert Robin Plotkin, RDN, Marisa will share the story of her journey from newbie dietitian to media maven. Discover how mastering media can help your practice and career thrive!
This event is free for student members.
CPE Level: 1.0
Learning need codes: 1090, 1130, 1140
- 11.4.1 Stays abreast of changing trends and technology in promotion, marketing and advertising.
- 2.1.4 Uses a variety of media to deliver information.
- 2.1.3 Tailors message to meet the needs of the target audience.
- Explain the role branding and media experience plays in personal and professional growth and development.
- Identify the variety of media opportunities available and how to leverage them for increased visibility and as a path to create a successful business.
- Recognize the power of a strong network and how to build one.
Robin Plotkin, RDN
Marisa Moore, MBA.RDN. LD
Marisa is a nationally recognized registered dietitian nutritionist and communications and culinary nutrition expert. Her integrative and practical approach to providing healthy and delicious recipes coupled with science-based nutrition advice is regularly featured in the nation's leading media outlets including CNN, the TODAY Show, Dr. Oz. Show, Women's Health, Prevention, and many more.
She is a consultant to food and nutrition companies, contributing editor for Food and Nutrition Magazine, and contributor to People magazine and US News and World Report. She has served as on-camera talent for clients HealthDay, Grapes from California, Food & Nutrition Magazine, Sprouts, and more! Before launching her consultancy, Marisa worked as an outpatient dietitian, corporate nutritionist for a restaurant chain and she managed the employee worksite nutrition program at the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). She now spends her days doing a variety of work in front of and behind the camera as a media dietitian and content creator.