The seventh edition of The Profession of Dietetics provides students with a complete toolbox of resources for beginning a career in nutrition and dietetics. Its student-centered approach enables readers to easily navigate the highly competitive and often complex path to personal and professional success in the field. It features a comprehensive history of the profession, a thorough examination of credentialing and education requirements, and an analysis of the future of the profession.
Features and benefits include:
- Reorganized to better align to the course structure of the modern introductory course.
- Includes a new chapter on the Nutrition and Dietetics Technician, Registered (NDTR) and the Certified Dietary Manager, Certified Food Protection Professional (CDM, CFPP).
- Includes expanded coverage on Code of Ethics, Evidence Analysis Library (EAL), Standards of Practice (SOP), Standards of Professional Performance (SOPP) and more.
- New and updated Profile of a Professional boxes spotlight the experiences and accomplishments of Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs), Nutrition and Dietetics Technicians, Registered (NDTRs), Certified Dietary Managers, Certified Food Protection Professionals (CDM, CFPPs), and other members of the healthcare team.
- Suggested Activities that engage students by providing discussion and research prompts.
Free sample pages include the table of contents, preface, sample chapter and more.
Request access to instructor resources provided by Jones & Bartlett Learning, including a lecture outline, PowerPoint slides and test bank.