Editors: Anne Coble Voss, PhD, RDN, LDN; Valaree Williams, MS, RD, CSO, LDN, CNSC, FAND
Oncology Nutrition for Clinical Practice has a companion piece, Oncology Nutrition: Educational Handouts and Resources, created for practitioners who support patients going through cancer treatment.
Written and reviewed by registered dietitian nutritionists practicing in oncology, this comprehensive resource from the Oncology Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group provides both evidence- and experienced-based information for application in clinical practice. This fully updated second edition addresses nutrition through the cancer continuum — from carcinogenesis and prevention to treatment, survivorship, and palliative care.
All steps of the Nutrition Care Process are addressed. The second edition of Oncology Nutrition for Clinical Practice includes:
- Chapters covering nutrition screening, assessment, diagnosis and treatment of nutrition impact symptoms, and intervention and monitoring through medical nutrition therapy.
- Nutritional effects of cancer treatments, including chemotherapy, immunotherapy, and radiation therapy.
- Thirteen chapters that address medical nutrition therapy for specific cancer sites, including a new chapter covering hematologic malignancies.
- A new chapter covering medical cannabis for cancer symptom management.
- Appendixes that summarize evidence-based diets and alternative or unfounded diets for cancer prevention and treatment and select dietary supplements and functional foods.
CPEU: 12.5 (valid until 4/15/2024)
Oncology Nutrition in Clinical Practice, 2nd Ed., is an exam study resource for Board Certification as a Specialist in Oncology Nutrition.
Sample pages include the Table of Contents, Preface, sample chapter, Index and more.
Please note: Academy eBooks require downloading the eatright eReader app. Access to the eBooks is for single-use only. Multiple-user access is not available.
Are you an educator? Request a complimentary review copy for this publication.
Licensing and Permissions
Would you like permission to reprint a portion of this copyrighted publication for a book, presentation or course? Complete and return this form for permissions, licensing and commercial rights.