The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Pocket Guide to Parenteral Nutrition, 2nd Ed., is an easy-to-understand, evidence-based guide for determining the need for parenteral nutrition, ordering nutrient solutions, monitoring patient response to therapy, and coordinating care with patients, caregivers, and other members of the healthcare team.
Topics include the following:
- Practitioner indications for parenteral nutrition.
- Information on vascular access, delivery systems and intravenous pumps.
- Research on parenteral nutrients and formulations.
- Initiation, advancement, and acute complications with parenteral nutrition.
- Information on metabolic complications of long-term parenteral nutrition.
- Parenteral nutrition information for in the home and at alternate sites.
An expanded chapter on the Nutrition Care Process addresses nutrition assessment, diagnosis, intervention, and monitoring and evaluation as it applies to the delivery of parenteral nutrition. Appropriate for students to the advanced practitioner, this pocket guide is an indispensable resource.
CPEU: 4.0 (valid until 7/2/2024)
Sample pages include the Table of Contents, Preface, sample chapter, Index and more.
Licensing and Permissions
- Would you like permission to reprint a portion of this copyrighted publication for a book, presentation or course? Complete and return this form for permissions, licensing and commercial rights.