Since its first, highly successful edition in 1996, this award-winning guide has continually served as the gold-standard resource on healthy eating and active living at every age and stage of life.
This completely revised fifth edition addresses today's nutrition issues for the public and health professionals alike, including hot topics like organic vs. conventional, food processing, reducing food waste, new Nutrition Facts labels, plant-based eating, pre- and probiotics, gut health, food allergies and intolerances, dietary supplements, mindful eating and much more. It includes a new chapter on men's nutrition, and expanded coverage of farm to fork issues.
Accessible, authoritative and comprehensive, this book:
- Balances practical advice with the latest science-based dietary guidance
- Presents flexible, real-world tips with no rigid dos and don'ts
- Answers many "have you ever wondered…?" questions throughout
- Reflects today's marketplace and lifestyle trends
- Provides strategies to personalize healthier eating and living
Whether addressing nutrition questions or concerns from clients, consumer groups, students, colleagues and others, this book is an essential resource for communicating science-based advice and answers on a myriad of topics.
Free sample pages include the table of contents, foreword, introduction and sample chapter pages.