Now in its eighth edition, Nutrition Counseling and Education Skills: A Practical Guide, continues to help dietetics students and practitioners develop the communication, counseling, interviewing, motivational, and professional skills needed to successfully communicate with and counsel diverse patients and clients. This edition was developed through an innovative collaboration model where each chapter was written and reviewed by experienced members of Nutrition and Dietetics Educators and Preceptors.
The 15 chapters are divided into three sections that focus on effective communication and interviewing, implementing health behavior change strategies, and the use of person-centered education and learning approaches.
Other features in this fully updated edition include:
- A more inclusive emphasis with cultural and gender-diverse examples throughout.
- Enhanced case studies and hands-on activities to allow readers to put concepts into practice in real world situations.
- A shift to online/hybrid modes of education and counseling, exploring telehealth, digital presentation tools, social media and more.
- Coverage of comprehensive Nutrition Care Process language and application in various counseling and education settings with diverse populations.
- Expanded emphasis on implementing customized learning and evaluation strategies in nutrition education.
Included with the book is a Jones & Bartlett Learning Navigate access code for online course materials.
Sample pages include the Table of Contents and Preface.
Are you an educator? Request a complimentary desk copy and visit the Jones & Bartlett Learning website to request free instructor materials for this book.